[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r26432 - pypy/dist/pypy/doc

Lawrence Oluyede l.oluyede at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 17:48:56 CEST 2006

> I would expect the Pygame-on-ctypes proposal to be a full two-months
> work by itself,

I read the page about the pygame-on-ctypes project (I like the Pygame
idea too) but what the pygame crew think about it? I tried to ask on
#pygame some days ago but they didn't seem really interested (it's
preferable doing something *really* useful...)

> but tackling smaller modules might indeed allow 5 or
> more of them to be done.

That's great.

> About the modules choice, yes, it's mostly up
> to the student.  There are many built-in CPython modules that we are
> missing, and thus having them would be nice, but on the other hand some
> non-built-in modules are just cooler and more widely used (I'm a Pygame
> fan :-).

I know (I remember something from your psyco-python-pygame presentation)

>     * _curses
>     * _ssl
>     * bz2
>     * fcntl
>     * mmap
>     * os        (i.e. posix/nt, partially done)
>     * readline  (a topic by itself: write or find existing readline
>                  replacements in pure Python, also useful for CPython)
>     * select
>     * signal
>     * termios
>     * time      (partially done)
>     * zipimport
>     * zlib

I'll take a look at them and try to decide which and how many. If you
(or other PyPy dev) have some preferences (or priorities) let me know!

> Feel free to propose any choice, from this list or not, here or on
> #pypy.

I'm often there. rhymes is my nick :)

--
Lawrence