[pypy-dev] Error While Translating Interpreter

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Apr 28 19:04:20 CEST 2006

Hi Jiwon,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 08:05:26AM -0700, Jiwon Seo wrote:
> No. Actually, it works fine now. Now I have to look into translated
> code since the simulator that I'm linking pypy against and running on
> is very unstable and gives me segfault. Any ideas? :)

It's hard to separate a priori between the five things that are special
in your case :-)

It could be some incompatibility with the simulator, or the fact that
PyPy cannot cross-translate itself -- the result only works on the same
host as the one used for translation, but a simulator is a new virtual
host.  Or it could simply be your platform, or the fact that we never
tried to link PyPy against external stuff, or just plainly bugs that we
fixed since the 0.8 release...

A bientot,