[pypy-dev] make _ssl module compile

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Tue Aug 1 18:18:04 CEST 2006

Hi Lawrence,

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 04:15:22PM +0200, Lawrence Oluyede wrote:
> > I have SSLv23_method which returns a pointer to SSL_METHOD (which is a
> > struct) and seems to dislike it.
>
> I forgot to say that disliking means "not fixable" :(

Ah, oups, of course.  It prevents supporting functions that return other
functions, or structures with function pointers in them.  I was just bit
by the same restriction, when trying to cast a pointer to a function in
order to call it.  So indeed, it should be fixed.

BTW I just added some support for var-sized arrays, so that we can now
write:

    a = (c_int * n)()

to create an array of 'n' integers even if 'n' is not a compile-time
constant.

A bientot,

Armin