[pypy-dev] Bytecode counting patch

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com
Mon Aug 7 16:35:21 CEST 2006

Hi PyPys!

Here's a patch that counts the number of times the different bytecodes are
used. I haven't tried doing translation yet as I can't use the work
machine cycles, but it can't be far off. I've put the counts on the object
space as this is accessable from most places.

I've also implemented something that should resort the opcodes in the
switch statement of the bytecode dispatcher according to the statistics I
found. This may have a slight speed improvement.

Cheers,
Ben