[pypy-dev] Summer of PyPy pre-proposal

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 23:59:00 CEST 2006

I would like to enter Summer of Pypy with my proposal to make a
javascript interpreter. I had a chat with some nice people in #pypy
and they thought it was a good idea. So I checked the code and started
looking at what should/can do on 2 months of work ( I don't know if
there is this limitation on time). I am a litle lost with all the code
from pypy and the idea of making another interpreter so I am posting
here my ideas and I am specting your feedback.

What do you think I need to do? define a javascript virtual machine or
do simple direct interpretation of the source?

Should I use the parser defined on pyparsing (this one seems really
nice) or write one manually?

What I am certain is that it need to have an Interpreter so people can
play with it.

I should probably write more, but I want to know what you all think
about this proposal.

ps: I had another idea of translating readline to ctype and make it
work on windows also like the one in ipython and also translating
sqlite so people can try to run their webframeworks on pypy, but the
js interpreter seems more important.

--
Leonardo Santagada (http://www.lomohomes.com/retype)

Não se preocupe com o que os outros vão fazer. O melhor jeito de
prever o futuro é inventa-lo.
- Alan Kay