[pypy-dev] Summer of PyPy pre-proposal

Lenard Lindstrom len-l at telus.net
Sat Aug 12 20:54:42 CEST 2006

Hi Armin,

I must be missing something here. Isn't Python's object model defined
by the type objects themselves?  So implement a javascript prototype
type. Create the necessary javascript root objects and import them
into the __builtin__ namespace or something. I would expect any
serious problems would involve identifier scope or exception
handling, language qualities very much tied to the bytecode
interpreter framework.

On 12 Aug 2006 at 10:09, Armin Rigo wrote:

> Hi Lenard,
>
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 06:50:31PM -0700, Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
> > Maybe javascript can compile to Python byte code.
>
> No, that wouldn't work.  The two language's object models are different,
> as is always the case between dynamic languages, so you cannot just map
> the syntax of one to the bytecode of the other.

Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l at telus.net>