[pypy-dev] Sprint reports 2003-2006

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Wed Aug 23 18:25:52 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 06:15:28PM +0200, Jacob Hallén wrote:
> Vilnius (Nov 2004)
> ===============
> I don't really remember what others did at this sprint, but this is where
> Laura and I wrote the file I/O handling.
>
> People I remember being there: Marius Gedminas, Bob Ippolito, Christian,
> Armin.

IIRC everyone was overjoyed when PyPy managed to completely translate
into C and compute the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe, and
Everything (def somefunc(): return -6 * -7).

> Europython/Gothenburg (June 2005)
> =============================
> Apart from the presprint, which is already reoprted, there was an open
> post.-Europython sprint. At the open sprint there were 24 people on the first
> day and activities happened on may fronts. A large group of people focused on
> porting PyPy to support Python2.4. This work was 3/4 finished by the end of
> the sprint. Christian and Jacob worked on support for floats and Jacob did a
> bunch of work on binascii and related modules. I think there was also a bunch
> of work going into annotation, translation and the C and llvm backends. Nick
> worked on his sre Summer of Code project. There was also work being done on
> the AST compiler.
>
> People I remember being there: All the regulars plus Anders Qvist and Marius
> Gedminas.

I was there for one day only, and didn't get anything done.  (I tried to
make py.test run the Zope 3 testsuite, which was not a very PyPy-related
task.)

Marius Gedminas
--
If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
                -- Norm Schryer