[pypy-dev] JIT

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com
Tue Feb 21 10:41:46 CET 2006

Hi All,

As you probably know by now, I enjoy following the progress of the PyPy
project, and generally I can understand roughly what is going on, but I
have to admit I am stumpt by the JIT. Is there a document that describes
what is going on anywhere? What's the goal of the current bit of work? I
can't actually work out if the current JIT for the toy language is
actaully jitt'ed, or if you are currently just working on the data
structures that will produce the JIT? I.e will there need to be a machine
code backend for the JIT or does it somehow magically produce fast code
without a compiler, using some other kind of dispatch loop?

Cheers,
Ben