[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r23602 - in pypy/dist/pypy: rpython/memory rpython/memory/test translator/c

Richard Emslie rxe at ukshells.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 07:12:17 CET 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 mwh at codespeak.net wrote:

> Author: mwh
> Date: Wed Feb 22 22:39:23 2006
> New Revision: 23602
>
> Modified:
>   pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/memory/gctransform.py
>   pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/memory/test/test_gctransform.py
>   pypy/dist/pypy/translator/c/database.py
>   pypy/dist/pypy/translator/c/extfunc.py
>   pypy/dist/pypy/translator/c/node.py
> Log:
> rework the gc transformer to use the mixlevelannotator and do all its rtyping
> in one big go at the end.  the hard part of this is attacking genc such that it
> gets all its annotating done before the end of db.complete() and avoids looking
> too hard at any of the gc helpers until after they get rtyped.
>
> this almost certainly breaks llvm :/

oops! :-)  Well I am now attending the sprint at pycon - would like to
take a look at this and hopefully have a chance to get an understanding of
gctransform.  It is quite nice a dependency when something changes here
and breaks llvm, prompts me to have a look into what has going on. ;-)

Cheers,
Richard