[pypy-dev] Re: [pypy-svn] r23602 - in pypy/dist/pypy: rpython/memory rpython/memory/test translator/c

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Feb 23 09:46:50 CET 2006

Richard Emslie <rxe at ukshells.co.uk> writes:

> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 mwh at codespeak.net wrote:
>
>> Author: mwh
>> Date: Wed Feb 22 22:39:23 2006
>> New Revision: 23602
>>
>> Modified:
>>   pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/memory/gctransform.py
>>   pypy/dist/pypy/rpython/memory/test/test_gctransform.py
>>   pypy/dist/pypy/translator/c/database.py
>>   pypy/dist/pypy/translator/c/extfunc.py
>>   pypy/dist/pypy/translator/c/node.py
>> Log:
>> rework the gc transformer to use the mixlevelannotator and do all its rtyping
>> in one big go at the end.  the hard part of this is attacking genc such that it
>> gets all its annotating done before the end of db.complete() and avoids looking
>> too hard at any of the gc helpers until after they get rtyped.
>>
>> this almost certainly breaks llvm :/
>>
> oops! :-)  Well I am now attending the sprint at pycon - would like to
> take a look at this and hopefully have a chance to get an
> understanding of gctransform.  It is quite nice a dependency when
> something changes here and breaks llvm, prompts me to have a look into
> what has going on. ;-)

Well, it's not the gctransformer stuff that broke llvm, it's my
changes to translator/c/extfunc.py... you're entirely welcome to look
into gctransformer, of course!

See you later?  (I land 1620 local time)

Cheers,
mwh
(typing over a annoyingly expensive and high latency ariport wifi
connection...)

--
  No.  In fact, my eyeballs fell out just from reading this question,
  so it's a good thing I can touch-type.