[pypy-dev] profile based compiler optimization for PyPy

Eric van Riet Paap eric at vanrietpaap.nl
Sat Feb 25 21:59:28 CET 2006

Hi,

I've been experimenting with with some gcc options and features. What
I found out so far is that with the options -fprofile-generate and -
fprofile-use I was able to increase the Richards and pystone
benchmark results (on top of pypy-c) with a little over 15%.
Stackless is currently still 10-15% slower compared to plain vanilla
PyPy, but I have some idea that I would like to look into in the next
couple of days to make that better.

cheers
Eric