[pypy-dev] Re: at some point we will experiment with issues of security, persistence & distribution

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Jan 9 12:05:12 CET 2006

Samuele Pedroni <pedronis at strakt.com> writes:

> this talk by Gilad Bracha:
>

> Objects as Software Services, An invited talk at the Dynamic Language
> Symposium at OOPSLA 2005.
>
> ( http://www.bracha.org/oopsla05-dls-talk.pdf )
>
> is an interesting across-the-sprectum take on these or related issues.
> At least it makes for some interesting thinking.

I think I'm lacking some context.  I can't tell if

   "Mirrors act as capabilities for reflection"

is deep or fatuous or somewhere in between.  Also, I find the " Bits
Rot, deal with it" idea to be somewhat terrifying, but I guess that's
a different point.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Or here's an even simpler indicator of how much C++ sucks: Print
  out the C++ Public Review Document.  Have someone  hold it about