[pypy-dev] Support for pure functional types.

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Jan 25 18:39:32 CET 2006

Hi Maciek,

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 07:35:01PM +0100, Maciek Fijalkowski wrote:
>  I've been wondering for some time why there is no support for pure
> functional types. Like function int -> int. In most type inference
> techniques, there is.

I suppose you are referring to supporting dynamic closures in RPython.
We don't support them mostly because we didn't need them so far.

The first step in supporting them would be to figure out how they should
be implemented at the C level.  Everything else can be worked out
upwards from there.

A bientot,

Armin