[pypy-dev] Example of .NET filehandles

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com
Mon Jul 24 14:48:57 CEST 2006

Hi Antonio,

Here's the example I mentioned. I don't think it's particularly safe, so
it may be better to keep a map of ints to filestreams that you have
opened, and use that if possible, and fall back to this if you can't.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;

namespace posix
    class Program
        static void Main(string[] args)
            System.IO.FileStream stream1 = new System.IO.FileStream
(args[0], System.IO.FileMode.Create);
            int handle =

            System.IO.FileStream stream2 = new System.IO.FileStream(new
Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle(new IntPtr(handle), true),
            stream2.Write(new byte[]{(byte)'H', (byte)'e', (byte)'l', (
byte)'l', (byte)'o'}, 0, 5);