[pypy-dev] Failing stackless tests

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Jul 24 15:33:59 CEST 2006

Hi Aurelien,

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 12:21:52PM +0200, Aur?lien Camp?as wrote:
> First, I did some (superficial, nothing related to the translation
> aspect itself) changes that allowed me to build a (somewhat
> non-crashing) translated pypy-logic using clonable coroutines.

I did not look closely, so I cannot comment, but it seems to me that the
tests and the demo we fixed during the post-EuroPython sprint all
translated correctly, so I'm a bit surprized that you had to hack so
much on the existing stackless code only for translatability reasons.

This said, there were not many tests so far.  That's also why I'm not
happy to see half of them fail nowadays.  The "agreed" development
procedure for PyPy is to write more tests when a bug is identified or
existing code doesn't translate in some context, and then make the test
pass without breaking the previous tests (which are all valid, so again
I'm surprized that you can compile anything at all when half of the
basic tests fail).

A bientot,

Armin