[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r30565 - in pypy/dist/pypy/tool/build: . bin builds test

Guido Wesdorp guido at merlinux.de
Wed Jul 26 13:47:15 CEST 2006

Ben.Young at risk.sungard.com wrote:
> Cool tool! Is this something I would be able to run just in the
> evenings/weekends etc?
Sure! Do note (I wasn't clear there) that it's a work in progress, and
currently doesn't actually compile yet (it sends out some dummy zip file).

The idea is that a server will at some point be ran on codespeak.net to
which you can connect.

> Will it pick up that fact that I don't have boehm
> automatically?

It should become fairly intelligent, the idea is that the client scans
the system what it's capable of compiling, so I guess that's a yes... ;)
But again, it's a work in progress. Currently in the test data I only
check things like sys.maxint and such, the more advanced stuff will come
later (with the help of someone more initiated into PyPy than I am, I
hope ;).

Cheers,

Guido