[pypy-dev] pypy development tasks

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jul 26 17:04:42 CEST 2006

Stephan Diehl <stephan.diehl at gmx.net> writes:

> Hi all,
> starting next week, I'll be able again to continue working on pypy.
> As a part-part-part time worker, I find it a bit difficult to stay on
> top on what's going on (and what needs to be done).
> These are the things, I would continue on, if nobody has a better idea:
> - write a python module that exposes Coroutine interface (using
>    greenlets, I suppose). This would be usefull for further development
>    of applevel stackless module. As a sideeffect, the stackless module
>    could then be used with CPython.

Erm, don't we have this part already?  Oh, you mean on top of
_CPython_, rather than on top of py.py on top of CPython.  I guess
this would help testing...

> - continue work on applevel stackless module and documentation.

This would be good.  Samuele pointed out some more stackless examples

It would be nice to add these to the test suite (some of the examples
use pygame, so those need to be changed).

> Other than that, if I should rather do things like adding docstrings or
> do other usefull tasks, don't hesitate to tell me :-)

We've just had a quick IRC discussion, and we decided that it would be
really nice if you could work on the pre-emptive scheduling mentioned
in the description of WP07; this will require adding a hook to the
interpreter than is called every few hundred bytecodes, but other than
that should mostly be implementable at app level (and the design
stolen from stackless CPython, I guess).

  <glyph> I am *not* a PSU agent.
                                                -- from Twisted.Quotes