[pypy-dev] Failing stackless tests

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Jul 27 17:08:01 CEST 2006

On 7/21/06, Armin Rigo <arigo at tunes.org> wrote:
> Hi all, hi Aurelien,
>
> The stackless-related tests are all consistently failing nowadays.  Some
> have been failing for 4 days and others for 9 days.  See
>
>    http://snake.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de/pypytest/summary.html
>
> Given that you appear to continue to work on it, but without making
> tests pass again, I'm a bit worrying exactly about what you are doing?
> That doesn't seem too much in line with the "test-driven development"
> approach.

I'll point out that Twisted has been avoiding issues such as these in
the past 8 months or so by using a process that involves always
branching the repository for developments and always getting a review
before merging to trunk. The administrative overhead has definitely
paid off in much, much higher code and test coverage.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery