[pypy-dev] pypy-c vs cpython tests

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Jun 13 09:52:24 CEST 2006

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> I've spent an aggravating little while running CPython's regrtest with
> a recent pypy-c (default options, so boehm and no fancy stuff).
>
> After a bit of trial and error, this was the result:
>
> 69 tests failed:
> 97 tests skipped:

In some good news, the stacklessgc build passes exactly one fewer test
(test_builtin, known issue) and doesn't even do this:

> Segmentation fault

and the end :)  Though it does exit with a rather strange

ImportError: No module named _socket

Haven't dug yet.  On this evidence, I think I'm inclined to say that
framework GC builds are at least as solid as the Boehm builds.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  C is not clean -- the language has _many_ gotchas and traps, and
  although its semantics are _simple_ in some sense, it is not any