[pypy-dev] Comparing PyPy with CLR

Jiwon Seo seojiwon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 09:02:31 CET 2006

Hi all,

It was nice that I could meet some of you guys at the PyCon, and the sprint.

I have a question related to PyPy's goal, etc; it might sound a little
bit provocative, but that's not my intention at all. It's for me to
explain other people the value of PyPy project.

Anyway, I'll just shoot it :) Comparing PyPy to CLR,  what is the
strength of PyPy with respect to multi language support? CLR supports
Common Type System and Common Intermediate Language, and with these
CLR supports interoperability between several languages like
(Iron)Python, VB, C#, etc. PyPy (kind of?) supports interoperability
as well, but in different way; by having multiple objectspace and
stack machine operator(or interpreter) However, I can't really explain
the strength of PyPy in this case. Can anyone tell me about this? (or
anything in general about PyPy being better approach than CLR)

Thanks,

-Jiwon