[pypy-dev] Re: small problem with return values

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Mar 16 11:40:17 CET 2006

Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> writes:

> Hi friends,
>
> today I stumbled over a tiny problem.
> I'm actually not sure how to fix it, so here it is:
>
> When we annotate a function in a way that it does not return
> a value, but we happen to use its return value, this case
> is not caught early, but very late in backend_optimizations.
>
> An example is here:
> http://codespeak.net:/svn/user/tismer/test_wrapping.py

Well, in that file the problem arises because you call
backend_optimizations *after* C generation.  It's probably still a bug
somewhere, because the produced graph is really broken, but do you
have a need for that?  If I move C generation after the call to
backend_optimizations, the test passes.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  <glyph> now you're probably wondering how to run cvs
  <samuel> actually i was thinking of naked women.