[pypy-dev] annotation problem

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Mar 16 22:11:36 CET 2006

Armin Rigo wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:39:52PM -0800, Christian Tismer wrote:
>> For some reason, it thinks my Stack() is a SomeObject.
>
> No, it says Exception: not supported on class
> 'pypy.interpreter.miscutils.Stack' because it needs specialization,
> which is very different.

No this problem I had before. Maybe I cheked in a wrong version?
I already changed things to produce the stack very late,
and then I get the SomeObject-ness.

> I think it was already discussed here some
> time ago: the cause is that a pre-built instance of Stack cannot appear,
> because then the annotator doesn't know of which specialized version of
> the Stack class this instance should be.  In your case, it's the
> 'framestack' attribute of the main AppCoroutine...

I understand, and I learned that yesterday the hard way.
My currentproblem is different, I will check if I messed
up with my check-in.

thanks - chris