[pypy-dev] pypy monthly?

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 14:30:06 CET 2006

Hi Holger!

holger krekel wrote:
> we talked a bit about doing a "this month in pypy"
> instead of "this week".  I think it makes sense and
> also to present some higher level summaries there
> if possible.  On the one hand it's hard to keep up
> with a weekly rhythm and on the other hand the "larger"
> developments are harder to grasp.  I think there is
> the one group who follows the commits rather closely
> and they have a good idea what goes on daily/weekly.
> Many others (including people who participated in sprints),
> however, do not follow all the commits and would certainly
> enjoy higher level summaries.

agreed to all of it.

> For such a monthly issue the main issue is (i think)
> to push others and delegate writing of summary paragraphs
> to multiple people.
 >
> What do you think?

We discussed exactly that on the last sync meeting. It was agreed that
pushing people to write paragraphs is a good approach. We also thought
that keeping calling it "This week in pypy" would make sense for
continuity reasons. The next installment is about to go out.

What is unsolved though is how to guarantee that the summaries appear
more or less regularly.

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich