[pypy-dev] CLI code generation

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Mon Mar 20 15:39:37 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 15:15 +0100, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> Will the .NET backend use the ootypesystem (which is what gensqueak
> uses) or the lltypesystem (which is what genllvm, genc and genjavascript
> uses)? I guess for C# the former would make more sense, but I have no
> clue how low-level IL is (I don't really have any clue about .NET at all
> :-).

at first i also thought that ootypesystem might make sense - but then
i considered that the Intermediate Language is statically typed
and so far i guess it's more similar to our LLVM backend
then to a Squeak backend.  But i am not aware of all the involved
details so i might guess wrong.

And i agree with Carl that considering to simply work within our
common pypy/translator directory is sensible and improves feedback