[pypy-dev] CLI code generation

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Mar 20 21:53:31 CET 2006

Hi Holger,

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 09:43:26PM +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> Good point which i indeed had forgotten about.  Also regarding GCs
> it is higher level than C.  So probably we need oo + part-of-lltypes :)

You keep inserting lltype here -- probably just out of our
well-established habit of loving confusion :-)  ootype contains
lltype-ish aspects of its own, because all OO target languages that we
have in mind need these aspects.  There is nothing special about IL --
certainly not anything that would make it different than C#, as far as I
can tell.

> Btw, we are seriously lacking documentation in the translation area -
> or did i overlook something?  There seems to be a complete lack
> of even the roughtest documentation on ootypes, gensqueak,
> genjavascript and - for that matter - on rctypes.

It's quite lacking indeed, although you overlooked two files
pypy/doc/*ctypes*.txt.

A bientot,

Armin.