[pypy-dev] First version of the CLI backend checked in

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Wed Mar 22 14:49:28 CET 2006

Hi Antonio!

Antonio Cuni wrote:
 > Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
 >> I just took a cursory glance at the code, but the tests passed for me
 >> out of the box :-).
 >

 > Great! :-)
 >
 >> I would say you could check it in the main repository (maybe after
 >> adding appropriate skips to the tests, if mono is not installed).
 >

 > The test already skips when either mono or ilasm is not found in the
 > path; maybe I check that it runs under windows too, then commit to the
 > main repository.
 >
 > Just a question about subversion, since it is the first time I use it
 > and I'm not sure to do things correctly; what's the best way to commit
 > my work into the main repository? After a bit of googling I figured out
 > that I should use the "svn merge" command, but I haven't understood how
 > :-(.

I guess you have not changed anything outside of the cli directory in
your branch. If this is the case it is easy: Just do an

svn cp pypy-antocuni/pypy/translator/cli pypy-dist/pypy/translator/

(with appropriate paths). In general svn merge is the right thing to
use, but it is really annoying and does not work very well (in fact it
works so badly that Armin wrote a tool that helps doing a merge without
using svn merge :-)

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich