[pypy-dev] Obtaining the Control Flow Graph

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Mar 27 15:17:47 CEST 2006

Hi Brian,

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 07:23:50PM -0800, Brian C. Lum wrote:
> I've gone through the documentation and found
> http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/objspace.html#the-flow-model
>
> Is this the best way to obtain the control flow graph?

It depends on your needs; you will have to try it for your own use case.
A limitation of our flow object space is that it cannot handle some
semantic constructs, e.g. generators.  It will also perform some eager
constant propagation, and it assumes that some operations won't raise
some exceptions.  On the other hand, we've heard that it was used by an
unrelated project to get the control flow graph of Python functions, so
yes, it is at least somewhat generally useful.

A bientot,

Armin