[pypy-dev] Re: r25042 - in pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli: . test

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 10:25:48 CEST 2006

On 3/28/06, holger krekel <hpk at trillke.net> wrote:

Hi Holger,

> > Modified:
> >    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/conftest.py
> >    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/cts.py
> >    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/function.py
> >    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/gencli.py
> >    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/test/compile.py
> >    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/test/runtest.py
> > Log:
> > Fixed conftest-related bug (I hope!)
>
> I am not sure i am following here or missing something.
>
> First, i am missing "options.py" (which should not
> be plural, anyway :)

oops, I forgot 'svn add options.py'... now I'm not at home, I'll check
it in as soon as possibile.

> Second, i am unsure what you are aiming at.  Originally,
> the "conftest" way of adding options is meant to be
> used with the "py.test" invocation.
>
> Third, the py.test/conftest way of allowing a test session
> to have command line options has some caveats. But i am
> unsure if these caveats are related to your problem :)

Yer, I encountered some troubles with conftest...
With the old version "py.test" worked greatly (with all custom options
available) when started from pypy/translator/cli or
pypy/translator/cli/test, but it failed when runned as part of the
whole pypy's test process, as reported by Armin's automated test
results page.
I've tried to use conftest as genjs and gensqueak do, but I could not
fix the bug and I don't know why, so I wrote the little 'options.py'
trick, that is no more than a workaround just to let the automated
test to run (the tests will be skipped anyway, since I think mono is
not installed on the machine they are runned on, isn't it).

ciao Anto