[pypy-dev] New to PyPy

Beatrice During bea at changemaker.nu
Tue Mar 28 18:01:24 CEST 2006

Hi Fabien!

Fabien SCHWOB skrev:
> Hello,
>
> I'm programming in Python for 3 years and I would like to contribute as
> far as I can to Python. But since I can't write a single line of C ;) I've
> decided to try to contribute to PyPy. Is there some simple tasks or
> "things" that need to be done on PyPy and who don't need to be a core
> PyPy hackers ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Fabien SCHWOB

First of all - thank you for your interest in PyPy!

As to your question I would suggest (because you know best your
experiences and interests) that you check out the documentation on

http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/index.html

You could read up on various aspect of the architecture and navigate
down to the interesting details from there. Also - check out the EU
reports on that page because they will also present some views on PyPy
and the status achieved (until autumn last year).

And then I would say also pop by #pypy on irc.freenode.net and talk to
the pypy developers there, and also ask questions you might have
regarding your findings in the doc.

Also - please check the getting started doc - so that you could look at
the source as well.

Are you planning to go to Europython? Because if you are we are going to
sprint there and that is a very good way of getting into the project
with tutorials and people present to answer question and pari up with.

Good luck!

Cheers

Bea