[pypy-dev] do I need hlinvoke?

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Wed Mar 29 14:06:47 CEST 2006

Hi Christian,

There is something wrong whenever anyone is getting close to hlinvoke()
:-)

I don't understand your problem well enough (and will let Samuele answer
if my answer is not sufficient), but:

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 12:11:48AM -0800, Christian Tismer wrote:
> In the real implementation, I don't have this chance,
> because convert_from_to is an rtyper function, and I can't call
> something high level that does it for me.

What prevents you from writing the function you want to call as a
low-level helper?  Then use the regular llops.gendirectcall() to invoke
it.  Low-level helpers are not prevented to contain branches and loops.
If the answer is that calls to special-cased functions are not handled
correctly then this is what we should try to solve.

A bientot,

Armin