[pypy-dev] The Essentials of Stackless

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon May 1 10:21:43 CEST 2006

Dear friends,

I've finally come up with a rough document, which for my
vision of things says almost everything what needs to be said
about Stackless Python and how to implement it for PyPy,
especially regarding how to implement the thread pickling.

It may be incomplete and not well-designed, it is more like
a brain-dump after a week of more or less thinking, pretending
to be a structured document.

In the end, as an addition, I come to an interesting conclusion
about life-ness analysis and GC transform, that I really did
not expect beforehand.

Eventually, I'm beginning to understand what I did when I wrote
Stackless Python.

please have a look and comment about

http://codespeak.net:/svn/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/discussion/howtoimplementpickling.txt

all the best -- chris