[pypy-dev] Google summer of code is open student for submissions

Fabien Schwob fabien-ml at x-phuture.com
Tue May 2 11:57:10 CEST 2006

> A list of possible PyPy project ideas can be found at:
>
> http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/independent-project-ideas
> .txt

I'm really interested in the following project :

* Write an interpreter for **another dynamic language** in the PyPy
framework. For example, a Javascript interpreter would be suitable. Ruby
too (though the latter is probably more than two months of work). Or
Scheme, or... etc.

And I would like to have more information about it if possible. I would
like to check if I understand it. So the goal would be to parse the
Javascript instructions and to create an AST tree from it ? So, it would
be possible to write Javascript code that can be after executed on the
PyPy backends (CLI, C, LLVM, etc...).

Thanks in advance.