[pypy-dev] llvm backend

Simon Burton simon at arrowtheory.com
Wed May 24 06:02:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm exploring the llvm backend of pypy. Does it work without llvm-gcc ?

I tried the example at doc/getting-started.html and it seems to first
compile to c code then invoke llvm-gcc.

>>> f = t.compile_llvm()
(calls to llvm-gcc)

But I'm also looking at the source for the llvm translator and there is
code there for generating llva directly.

Now I'm trying to run the demos in pypy/translator/llvm/demo.
I assume I can use my regular python to run these.. somehow..

$ python run.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/hda9/simonb/local/pypy-svn/pypy/annotation/bookkeeper.py", line 16, in ?
    from pypy.annotation.listdef import ListDef, MOST_GENERAL_LISTDEF
ImportError: cannot import name ListDef

?

Simon.

--