[pypy-dev] llvm backend
simon at arrowtheory.com
Wed May 24 06:40:21 CEST 2006
On Wed, 24 May 2006 14:02:07 +1000
Simon Burton <simon at arrowtheory.com> wrote:
> But I'm also looking at the source for the llvm translator and there is
> code there for generating llva directly.
I'm gradually finding more pieces of the puzzle:
1) there is a wrapper to LLVM's ExecutionEngine.ParseAssemblyString
2) there are calls to ee.parse in pyllvm/test/test_ee.py, but only with test snippets
3) there is code for generating llva in codewriter.py
4) calls to codewriter come from *node.py modules, these stitch together the pypy
flow and type objects into llva code
5) genllvm.py coordinates all of this and then calls to buildllvm
It seems that steps 1 and 2 are yet to be used as buildllvm uses the commandline
llvm-as at the moment.
Simon Burton, B.Sc.
Licensed PO Box 8066
ANU Canberra 2601
Ph. 61 02 6249 6940
More information about the Pypy-dev