[pypy-dev] A new idea?

Paul deGrandis paul.degrandis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 18:46:29 CET 2006

Hi everyone,

I started to work on PyPy about a year to a year and a half ago, but had to
quickly drop the project because of school and academic research I'm
involved in.  I really feel that even though PyPy is still at a stage of
rapid development and evolution it's about time that people start really
illustrating the true power of pypy.  I'd like to be that guy for you.  My
idea is simple, I'll write small but useful applications that really
illustrate the powers of pypy.  These small applications can be loosely
strung together as tutorials of language features or just examples of pypy's
superiority.  For some time now, I've developed small extensions to CPython
in form of models, c extensions, and decorations to add features to the
language that I find useful.  However, Pypy's architecture naturally lends
itself to these tweaks and in some cases supports them already.

So basically, I want to know your thoughts on this.  And if you have any
ideas for applications or features you'd like to see illustrated please let
me know!

Regards,
Paul