[pypy-dev] Crash starting pypy on XP

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Nov 29 10:29:55 CET 2006

"Leonardo Santagada" <santagada at gmail.com> writes:

> it seems to be a bug on py.path... it seems to be doing stat caches...
> strange, maybe you can just coment out the stat caching for win32.

Earth pinging Fijal...

> Just so you know I never worked with py lib internals... just giving
> my 2 cents.

It makes some sense.  I was confused for a while because Ed mentioned
that he was using pypy-0.9.0... but of course, even if you check out
the 0.9.0 tag (Ed, is this what you did?), you get the trunk py lib,
because of the way svn:externals work.  I guess the release procedures
should include doing something about that, like svn cp-ing a
particular snapshot of the py lib into the tag.

Cheers,
mwh

--
42. You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his
    attitude on the continuing vitality of FORTRAN.