[pypy-dev] llvm backend issue on AMD64

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Thu Nov 30 13:29:04 CET 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 12:42:48PM +0100, Eric van Riet Paap wrote:
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> Thank you for trying this out!
>
> Do the llvm tests pass?

Unfortunately, no. See http://codespeak.net/~afayolle/summary.html for
details.

The installed llvm version is 1.8b. llvm-gcc --version says
llvm-gcc (GCC) 3.4-llvm 20051104 (LLVM 1.7cvs)

> pypy-llvm has not been properly tested on 64 bit systems! Some
> efforts were made but compatibilty was never maintained because of a
> lack of such a machine.
> If you could give me an account on your computer I could make sure
> that at least proper checks are in place.

I am afraid this is going to be difficult. The machine is inside
logilab's LAN, and only available through a VPN. However I'll be happy
to help solving the issue (trying to patch the code if pointed in some
initial direction, or applying patches and reporting back)

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/