[pypy-dev] [pypy-svn] r33249 - in pypy/dist/pypy/translator: cli jvm jvm/src oosupport

Carl Friedrich Bolz cfbolz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 13 13:02:50 CEST 2006

Hi Niko

niko at codespeak.net wrote:
> Author: niko
> Date: Fri Oct 13 12:46:09 2006
> New Revision: 33249
>
> Added:
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/generator.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/genjvm.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/opcodes.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/src/
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/src/PyPy.java
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/jvm/types.py
> Modified:
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/function.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/cli/metavm.py
>    pypy/dist/pypy/translator/oosupport/metavm.py
> Log:
> first stabs at a jvm backend --- doesn't run or anything yet, but contains
> at least a plausible implementation of the scalar operations
>
> also refactor a few things from cli into oosupport (mostly deleting
duplicates
> like getfield and setfield) and add a few (possibly oververbose :)
comments.
> changes to cli are very minor, but ran cli tests in any case and received
> no regressions.

[snip]
I know that it is not much fun to do it this early in the life of a
backend, but please try to write some tests. I will probably be annoying
but you will get payoffs very quickly and thinking about how to test
something (ideally before you start coding) helps you understand the
upcoming tasks.

Can't really comment on the technical quality of your checkin since I
don't know any Java (nor much of the ootypesystem, for that matter :-).

"Untested code is not working"

Cheers,

Carl Friedrich