[pypy-dev] Towards pypy-jvm

Niko Matsakis niko at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 3 20:06:21 CEST 2007

> No, for .NET it was simpler because the standard Dictionary type
> also accepts an optional class that implements the custom
> functions, so all I need to do is to create a class for each unique
> pair of equality and hashing functions (see cli/comparer.py).

So, on a whim I implemented a "RDict" class for the JVM that does the
necessary adaptation.  (It consists almost entirely of generic type
declarations and no actual code ;)  I haven't integrated it into the
Python code yet, looking to see where best to do that.

Are most of the tests for custom dicts in test_objectmodel?  Also,
why are they called "rdicts" in some places, and "custom dicts" in
others?  Or is there a distinction I am missing?

Niko