[pypy-dev] translator.js.test invokes pygame (AKA, yet more annoyances from Scott)

Scott Dial scott+pypy-dev at scottdial.com
Tue Apr 10 21:22:27 CEST 2007

Armin Rigo wrote:
>> Tentatively checked in, though it's not my area of expertise :-)
>
> Uh, I just realized that many tests fail after the use_pdb argument is
> removed, because they try to pass one anyway.  Could you provide a more
> complete patch?  Thanks!

Agh, sorry. I didn't do a thorough search for "use_pdb" before. I think
I saw the problem in main and updated test_main to match and (poorly)
thought that would be the end of that. This explains why Maciek probably
has been sitting on it.

After having looked at the other places where "use_pdb" is passsed,
there are other instances of functions that take a "use_pdb" optional
argument which would have to be dealt with as well. I'm not familiar
enough with all the ways those functions are called to say how this
should be dealt with.

With that said, I'm not feeling like it is my place or that I am
qualified to be making the kind of sweeping changes that it would
require. And for the time being, I'm not being annoyed by this because
the underlying bugs that brought up the pygame windows has been fixed.

-Scott

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com