[pypy-dev] scheme interpreter

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:01:05 CEST 2007

Em 20/04/2007, às 08:10, Jakub Gustak escreveu:
> I have already went through that, and many more documentation. Now I
> am looking for some guidance how to start writing the interpreter
> itself, which will fit into the PyPy, and won't repeat effort you have
> already made.

Basically a pypy interpreter is a python program that can be
translated using pypy (which means, it uses rpython and only rpython
routines). You can start defining a vm for the language in python
trying to remember the limitations of rpython and after a little
people can help you to get it rpythonic enough to be translated. to
do the translation you will need something like pypy/translator/goal/
targetjsstandalone.py which you can mostly copy (We copied someone
elses goal). You can also think about the parser for scheme, as I am
doing right now for javascript, and for that you can use rlib/parsing
but that is up to you.

> I am studying javascript interpreter and some parts of pyrolog.
> I can see that a lot of work is done by the
> pypy.rlib.parsing.ebnfparse.
> I will focus on that right now. Any links, documentation or literature
> to help me understand this part?

pypy.rlib.parsing is the parser generator we are using... it is not
that important for the beginning of your work now.

Good luck, and you can catch me at irc (my nickname is santagada)