[pypy-dev] Who's developing language interpreters in PyPy

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 16:04:56 CEST 2007

Em 22/04/2007, às 08:07, Maurice Ling escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I've been reading up on pypy and is really interested in the idea of
> implementing X language interpreters in pypy, where X can be any known
> programming language.

Yep it is... but probably more interesting to interpreters...

> Do we have a knowledge of who is developing or interested in which
> X-to-pypy interpreter so there's no competition nor duplication of
> work?
>
> Personally I have some interests in a few languages that I know,
> such as
> R and pascal.

Pascal should be easier to do, but you have to tell us exactly what
you want. If you are planning to do a pascal compiler it would be the
first compiler in pypy. If you are thinking on a pascal interpreter
this could be quite easy to do but then you need to have some problem
with current pascal compilers that you want to fix. I think this
could be used on teaching compilers, as understanding a pascal
compiler written in python would be much more comprehensible than a C
or pascal one.

--
Leonardo Santagada
santagada at gmail.com