[pypy-dev] Who's developing language interpreters in PyPy

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:41:44 CEST 2007

Em 22/04/2007, às 21:24, Maurice Ling escreveu:

> Thanks Leonardo
You're welcome

> So yes, I'm kinda polling interests here... Any suggestions?

If you make an R interpreter using pypy we would probably still need
RPy to use R inside python. What you could do is implement Numeric (I
don't know how it is called this days, maybe numpy or numarray) in
pypy, that probably helps to make python able to do the same kind of
work as R is used to today... and maybe even faster :)

Just remember implementing Numeric on pypy is going to be kind of
hard... in exchange you will probably get your hack skillz up to a
demi god level :)

Good luck,

--
Leonardo Santagada