[pypy-dev] Who's developing language interpreters in PyPy

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Apr 23 11:04:26 CEST 2007

Leonardo Santagada wrote:
> Em 22/04/2007, às 21:24, Maurice Ling escreveu:
>
>> Thanks Leonardo
> You're welcome
>
>> So yes, I'm kinda polling interests here... Any suggestions?
>
> If you make an R interpreter using pypy we would probably still need
> RPy to use R inside python. What you could do is implement Numeric (I
> don't know how it is called this days, maybe numpy or numarray) in
> pypy,

Numpy appears to be the official merger between Numeric and Numarray.

In general you'd hope PyPy will eventually grow ways to reuse important
bits of C-based Python infrastructure for the implementation of
non-Python language. Or can it already do so through rctypes?

It sounds a bit odd to use Numeric for the implementation of R that way,
but it'd make sense to be able to do so, right? Naturally PyPy wouldn't
be able to use its magical optimization abilities on those bits, though.

Regards,

Martijn