[pypy-dev] Who's developing language interpreters in PyPy

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Mon Apr 23 17:56:54 CEST 2007

Hi Maurice,

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 09:07:08PM +1000, Maurice Ling wrote:
> I've been reading up on pypy and is really interested in the idea of
> implementing X language interpreters in pypy, where X can be any known
> programming language.

In general, the more interesting languages to try to implement with PyPy
are dynamic languages.  Of course it's possible, and maybe even nice, to
write an interpreter for Pascal.  It's just that there is a bias towards
dynamic languages, both in what RPython supports and in what the
translation toolchain can do with it.

Well, you can always try to build a dynamically extensible Pascal
environment with automatic memory management :-)

Which reminds me to mention that a Smalltalk environment would be a nice
project in PyPy.

A bientot,

Armin.