[pypy-dev] New Javascript parser in the works

Leonardo Santagada santagada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 02:16:19 CEST 2007

I started development of the javascript parser, based on the
pythongrammar.txt file on parsing test dir. The thing is still in its
infancy, but I just wanted to say that I am working on it, and would
love any help. It is living in users/santagada/newjsparser for now...
will move to js when it is at least kind of working.

About the parsing lib I have some questions (should be asking cfbolz
but I don't seem to find him on irc lately):
	* ParsingError should print something like lineno: self.lineno+1
collum: self.collum+1 (I know there is a pretty error function, but
still)
	* IGNORE and friends, how do I make then work?
	* I don't know why when it recognizes something (or I think it
should) it just gives me list index out of bounds (I will check what
is happening, but if someone know why it would be better).

About the grammar:
	* based on python grammar, so automatic semicolon insertion is OFF.
You have optional semicolons at the end of lines though
	* No regex literals (ahh someday maybe, i'm not really interested in
them)
	* Lot's of work to be done still :)

--
Leonardo Santagada