[pypy-dev] Who's developing language interpreters in PyPy

Robert Schmitt rschmitt at medcom-online.de
Tue Apr 24 08:52:30 CEST 2007

 > Well, you can always try to build a dynamically extensible Pascal
 > environment with automatic memory management  :-)

Pascal? A nice university language for its time, but the type system
makes practical use an absurd attempt
(cf http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs655-S00/readings/bwk-on-pascal.html)

 > Which reminds me to mention that a Smalltalk environment would be a nice
 > project in PyPy.

What about a C/C++ interpreter/compiler, there would be some real
benefit if people could transpile C code to python. Plus, there's an
existing C interpreter project out there, maybe there is a way to
reuse some parts or at least some ideas of it.

(This is probably too big a project for one person, but if there's
any interest in this I'd be happy to join :-).