[pypy-dev] PyPy JVM Backend

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Apr 28 20:56:33 CEST 2007

Hi Carl,

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 07:56:11PM +0200, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> If another placeof pypy still uses os.open I am strongly
> for fixing that.

There is the app-level os.open(), which of course uses the interp-level
os.open().  It means that if a backend only supports streamio, we can't
easily provide the low-level os functions at app-level.  This is
probably fine, though: I think that Jython doesn't have them at all, for
example.  (Also, I guess that someone in a reverse-hacking mood could
rewrite the interp-level code implementing os.open() to use streamio if
necessary...)

A bientot,

Armin.