[pypy-dev] PyPy JVM Backend

Paul deGrandis paul.degrandis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:41:43 CEST 2007

Anto,

I think this is a good strategy for me.  It'll allow me to put something
material to the information I gained from your thesis and gain knowledge
that will help me in the long run with PyPy.

The tasks for me will be:
1.) Port tests, fix uncovered bugs
2.) Java bindings
3.) I/O layer as discussed on this list
4.) pypy-jvm translation
5.) JSR 223 (The Scripting API)

For more information on JSR 223, here's a little tutorial/article:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2006/04/26/mustang-meets-rhino-java-se-6-scripting.html

And here are the languages with bindings for it now:
https://scripting.dev.java.net/

Regards,
Paul