[pypy-dev] scheme interpreter [status report]

Jakub Gustak jgustak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:08:01 CEST 2007

A first, a joke:
(syntax-rules ()
  ((i-have-spare day ...)
   (hack 'macros (day ....))))

So we have recursive macros expanding recursively, as they should.

I was working on macros with ellipsis almost whole week i. I was
changing approach several times. But it looks like flat ellipses (not
nested) work well.

All most important parts of macros are SyntaxRule.match method, or
rather matchr, and W_Transformer.substitute.

They raise exception when discover ellipsis to handle it at higher level.
matchr is kinda handling nested ellipses, but substitute not yet.

That's pretty it.

I would like to get nested ellipses working and then start playing
with continuations. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Jakub Gustak